Today, I decided to make a list.
Thinking about how short life is sometimes, I wanted to share my wisdom, my thoughts, my experience and my take on life. This is not an exhaustive list by any means, nor do I feel I have mastered any of these, but I think this is a decent compilation of everything that I have learned, so far, in my decades of living. My hope is that you, the reader, might find encouragement if experiencing some difficulties, or that this list may help you embark on a new and more peaceful path through your life.
So, here it is (and I will repeat the title of this blog here): thirty rightful actions for living a happy and fulfilled life:
- Be present. The happiest people in the world are present. Even though they may work towards something in the future, they do not concern themselves with the future. They have learned to live at peace and be content in the present moment. Be present in all you do.
- Resolve your past. Your past remains in your past, and it is part of your present only if you allow it to be. Happy people have resolved their past and do not live in it.
- Leave your future in the future. Your future has not yet arrived. Dwelling or worrying about possible future events will only take away from your precious present moment.
- Eat healthy food. Your body is designed to flourish when you feed it healthy vegan food. Do that and you will have all the energy needed to live a life of ultimate pleasure and vitality.
- Drink lots of water. Our bodies are made mostly of water. Drink lots of it (64 oz. per day), and you will aid your body daily in its processes, and you will have abundant energy.
- Sleep eight hours per night. Your body heals while you sleep. Give it proper and consistent rest, and you will feel good every day of your life.
- Exercise daily. Your body is created to move and not sit still for long. Exercise your body every day to help it release toxins from your environment. You will feel fantastic!
- Develop a routine. Our minds and bodies work best when they are in a rhythm. Create a basic routine for your life that nourishes your spirit with what you love to do. Your body and mind will respond favorably, and you will be happy. This does not mean there will not be spontaneity in your life, but you will find peace through a basic routine.
- Pursue your dreams. Never think that you cannot have what you dream about. Always pursue your dream or vision, even if you can only take a small step right now. Always believe in your dreams.
- Believe in humanity. Basic human needs are all the same. We all want creative freedom, love and happiness. Do not harbor a negative attitude towards humankind. For if you do, it will come back to bite you.
- Drop the addictions. No one can live a truly satisfying life if they are in denial. Addictions of any sort are the ramifications of trying to deny pain or fear. Embrace your pain or fear, and it will diminish and you will live a happy life. There is no other way around this.
- Love unconditionally. Do not be afraid to love others with all of your heart. Being hurt in the past does not mean you will be hurt in the future. Realize that love is what you are, and giving of yourself will only bring back more of what you are.
- Give abundantly. Be cognizant of where and to whom you could give in whatever way you choose. Giving opens your heart and the heart of those who you give to; it also spreads goodness onto the world.
- Release judgment. The only thing that judging others does is take us away from our own humanity and it puts us in a position of eluding ourselves, thinking we are superior to someone else. We are all on a unique path through life. With the measure that you judge others, you will be judged.
- Expect the best. As you pursue your interests, goals or dreams, expect the best outcome. What you expect will be given to you.
- Embrace yourself fully. Accept and love yourself with all your perceived imperfections. You are special, unique and loved. No one is perfect. You must love yourself before you can love others.
- Think positive thoughts. What you think, you create. Choose very wisely what you think about, for what you think will come to pass. A man creates his reality by his thoughts.
- Feel your emotions. Your emotions are indicators of what you are thinking. Change your thoughts, and your emotions will change. Do not suppress your emotions; feel them and move on. If you do not feel your emotions, your body will produce a manifestation of your emotions in the form of disease.
- Act fearlessly. Fear is an illusion. Fear is only the boundary between what we know and do not know. Fear stops most people from living the life they would love to live. Step out in fear, and you will conquer that fear. Do not let fear stop you from living your best life.
- Live peacefully. Choose to live in peace no matter what is happening in your life. A mind at peace is able to make better decisions. A body at peace is disease-free. And, a spirit at peace can do anything.
- Smile often. A smile changes your entire physiology positively; a smile will not only help you to feel better, but will also light up people around you. Smile always.
- Forgive always. Holding on to grudges does not do anything but harm ourselves. The sooner you forgive, the sooner your body, mind and spirit can heal from your past so you can live in the present. Forgiveness does not mean acceptance. It means releasing the thoughts and feelings you hold towards that person or situation so you can fully thrive.
- Practice gratitude. Be thankful for every good thing in your life. Practicing gratitude will change your heart so quickly that you will not have room enough to contain your joy!
- Live passionately. Explore and know what you are passionate about. What is it that lights you up? Make it a point to practice and do whatever those things are.
- See the small things. Notice the beauty in a cactus; notice the color of the sky; notice the beauty in the face of your child. Realize when someone is doing something to make your life better. If you notice these things, you will live at peace.
- See the big things. Realize the big things happening worldwide. Do your part to change or end that which is harmful to humanity, but do not dwell on those things or focus all your thoughts on what is negative and chaotic.
- Surround yourself with beauty. Make your living environment an orderly and beautiful display of all that you love. It will nourish your spirit and expand your creativity.
- Use your gifts. Create a life that involves using your unique gifts. You will make a contribution to this thing we call life and go to bed a satisfied person.
- Embrace each new day. Be excited and passionate about each new day every morning. It is a brand new day, and it is your responsibility to make it the kind of day you want to experience.
- Know you are not alone. No matter what you believe, whether in God or not, know that you are not alone in this universe. You are one of many. You are one of many living beings. Know you cannot take a breath without the aid of whatever it is that makes life happen. You are a part of a larger, incredible and expanding, creative system. Feel the love and not the fear. We are all One.
Let me know what you think. Peace.
Vilma Reynoso, www.vilmareynoso.com, Inspiration for Creative Health. Abundant Life.
Copyright, 2014, Vilma Reynoso